FIFA Arab Cup 2021 Draw .. Enticing Encounters Expected in the “Arab Mondial”
The draw for the Arab Cup 2021 took place on Tuesday evening at the Katara Opera House in the Qatari capital, Doha. Exciting matches between the major Arab teams are expected.
The Arab Cup will be held in the State of Qatar in December of this year.
This will be the first edition of the Arab Cup that is officially recognized by the International Federation of Football Associations (FIFA).
The nine top-ranked teams, including host country Qatar, will join the seven winners from the qualifying rounds to the final rounds.
The 16 teams participating in the tournament were divided into four groups of four teams.
The results of the 2021 Arab Cup draw in Qatar resulted in the following encounters:
- Group A: Qatar, Iraq, the winner from Oman against Somalia, and the winner from Bahrain against Kuwait.
- Group B: Tunisia, Emirates, Syria, and the winner from Mauritania against Yemen.
- Group C: Morocco, Saudi Arabia, the winner from Jordan against South Sudan, and the winner from Palestine against Comoros.
- Group D: Algeria, Egypt, the winner from Lebanon against Djibouti, and the winner from Libya against Sudan.
The group winners and runners-up of the four groups will advance to the knockout stage, quarter-finals, semi-finals, third place, and final.
The matches will be held in six of the stadiums designated for the 2022 FIFA World Cup Qatar.
However, the stadiums that will host the tournament matches will be announced later this year.
The tournament will be held in December 2021, the same time slot as the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022.
The Arab Cup is seen as a vital opportunity to test operations and facilities exactly a year before Qatar hosts the first World Cup in the region and the Arab world.
On the other hand, the qualifying matches will be held according to the rankings as follows, with each country showing its global ranking according to “FIFA”:
- Oman (80) vs Somalia (197)
- Lebanon (93) vs Djibouti (183)
- Jordan (95) vs South Sudan (169)
- Bahrain (99) vs Kuwait (148)
- Mauritania (101) vs Yemen (145)
- Palestine (104) vs Comoros (131)
- Libya (119) vs Sudan (123).