Reports: Sterling returns to England camp ahead of World Cup match France
British press reports confirmed the readiness of Raheem Sterling, the star of the England national team, to return to the ranks of the Three Lions in Qatar just one day before the upcoming match against France in the quarter-finals of the 2022 World Cup, which currently is held, which will continue until the eighteenth of December.
The British newspaper “Sun” that Raheem Sterling reassured his family and obtained assurances by the authorities there about the security and safety of his family consisting of his fiancée and three children.
Police were at the scene, which occurred over the weekend while security forces were patrolling the luxury property, late Sunday evening, and reports revealed that the reason for Raheem Sterling’s absence from his country’s match against Senegal, is due to the storming of a group of thieves to his home, while England qualified effortlessly to the quarter-finals of the football World Cup after a 3-0 victory over Senegal at Al Bayt Stadium, on Sunday evening
The British report said around £300,000 was believed to have been stolen in the attack on the home of England player Raheem Sterling.
The report stressed that Sterling may not be able to start the England-France match but he will be on the bench.
England vs France
A spokesman for the English Football Association said earlier that the Chelsea winger will not play the match between England and Senegal for family reasons, without revealing further details, and the surprise announcement came hours before the start of the round of 16 match against the African Cup champions
Other English reports said that the robbers were armed during the break-in of his home, where they stole valuables, and his relatives were said to have been inside his home and were traumatized, however, many from Qatar traveled back and forth during the tournament to juggle their careers with caring for young children.
For its part, the English police issued an official statement saying: “We are currently investigating a report of a burglary, the police were contacted at 9pm on Saturday 3 December after the occupants of the property returned to their homes and discovered the theft of a number of items including jewellery and watches.”
“Investigations are underway to determine the circumstances and the investigation is now ongoing, and there has been no threat of violence as the stolen items have been discovered.”
Short Link https://en.hadafnews.com/?p=5695